Impressive contemporary home with ideal modern layout, in peaceful location near shops, schools, ANU and Canberra City.
Set in one of the Inner North’s most prized locations, this architect designed, contemporary home presents an attractive façade which gives away little of the impressive proportions, extending to the rear of the generous block, which backs onto a park.
Constructed only around ten years ago the home features an ideal modern layout, the casual living area offering a large open plan kitchen/living/dining area, a separate bedroom wing with five generous bedrooms including a luxurious master suite, a study, home cinema and double lock-up garage, all wrapped around a beautiful pool and entertaining area.
The peaceful street is only a short walk to O’Connor shops, Black Mountain School, Turner primary, the ANU, nature trails on Black Mountain and approximately 2.7 k into the City centre.
An oversized front door opens to reveal a perspective of the vast expanse of striking Victorian Ash flooring, which extends from the entry through the huge casual living area and hallway to the bedroom wing.
A stunning kitchen overlooks the casual living area and showcases a huge marble island bench, electric cooktop, oven, a Siemens dishwasher, built-in fridge and ample storage in soft close joinery.
Light filled dining and family areas overlook the sparkling solar heated pool and expansive, private entertaining area with three Vergolas, one sheltering a built-in barbeque and beveridge fridge. The timber pool cover storage doubles as a sitting area. Sliding doors are fitted with self-locking screens.
Overlooking the pool and basking in the north-east aspect, the master bedroom offers a long walk-through robe to an indulgent ensuite with a deep bath, shower, dual basins and pool view.
The carpeted formal lounge overlooks the swimming pool through the enormous exotic leaves of bird of paradise. A Carrara marble gas fireplace is a focal point, and high ceilings with LED downlighting feature throughout the home.
Positioned at the front there is a cinema with a projector, screen, speakers and soaring ceiling.
Second, third and fourth bedrooms all feature built-in robes and Roman blinds, while the fifth or rumpus has a door to the pool. A study is situated at the front of the home.
The stylish main bathroom offers a bath, shower, dual basins and a separate powder room.
The laundry has a stone benchtop and massive storage, found throughout the home generally.
Zoned, ducted reverse cycle air conditioning ensures comfort throughout.
There is internal access to the double garage with auto panel lift door and a storeroom at the rear.
The enviable location is close to the City in a friendly quiet neighbourhood, and the generous single level floorplan makes for relaxed living and entertaining, on any scale. This stunning home awaits its new family and the housewarming!
· Architect designed, contemporary home with separate living areas including vast casual living space
· Premium location in quiet street a short walk to shops, schools, the ANU and approx. 2.7 k into City centre
· High end finishes showcase beauty of natural materials, such as ash flooring, marble and limestone
· Broad front terrace and pathway feature travertine paving with foot lighting
· Massive front door opens to a wide entry highlighting Victorian Ash flooring extending through huge casual living area and hallway to bedrooms
· High ceilings with LED downlighting and neutral white décor throughout
· Carpeted formal lounge features a gas fireplace with marble surround and overlooks pool
· Cinema situated at front of home includes a projector, screen, speakers and 4 m ceiling
· Impressive kitchen showcases a huge marble island bench, electric cooktop, oven, a Siemens dishwasher, built-in fridge, separate electric hot water and ample storage in soft close joinery
· Spacious dining and family areas overlook and open to the sparkling, solar heated pool with a new “creepy crawley” and a timber pool cover storage space which doubles as sitting area
· Private, expansive travertine paved entertaining area with three Vergolas, one sheltering a built-in barbeque and beveridge fridge
· Auto locking security screens doors to pool area
· Built-in speaker system in casual living area with built-in wi-fi extenders
· Luxurious master bedroom with north-east aspect offers a long walk-through robe to a luxe ensuite with a deep bath, shower, dual basins in marble vanity top and view over pool
· Second, third and fourth bedrooms all feature built-in robes and Roman blinds, while the fifth or rumpus has a door to the pool, and all are furnished with neutral carpet
· The stylish main bathroom offers a bath, shower, dual basins and a separate powder room
· A study at the front of the home features a wall of built-in shelving
· Laundry has a stone benchtop and massive storage, found throughout the home generally
· Zoned, ducted reverse cycle air conditioning
· Instantaneous hot water to bathrooms and laundry, and ducted vacuum system
· Internal access to garage with auto panel lift door and large storeroom at the rear
· Rear of the property backs onto a park with a gate in the fence, and there is a garden shed
$1,287,000 UV (Approx)
$6,284-00 Rates (Approx)