Inspired design - high ceilings, north aspect and disability friendly, with studio, just metres to ANU
Featuring soaring ceilings and bathed in light from clerestory windows and the north aspect, this architect designed, dual occupancy home was built in 1991 in a peaceful, private setting, just a stroll to the City centre, CSIRO and ANU!
This home is a totally unique environment, a peaceful haven offering striking design, in which north facing living areas and bedroom feature a wall of double glazed, cedar windows, framing the tranquil outlook over the totally private garden, bordered by mature shrubs and vines.
Disability friendly, it has extra wide doors and hallways, welded floors throughout and bathrooms designed for easy access.
It also offers a truly astonishing amount of storage! From the entry, there is a perspective of the layout and design, which features a long wall of book shelves in the wide hallway, generous storage in the entry and an amazing number of cupboards in the kitchen, extending to ceiling height.
As well, the kitchen features a granite island bench with gas cooktop, a wall oven and grill, a Bosch stainless steel dishwasher and walk-in pantry. A picture window overlooks the sunny rear garden.
Full of light, the dining room has garden windows and double doors opening onto the entertaining area. A reverse cycle air conditioner ensures comfort through the open plan living space. Stacker doors open to the lounge, where full length cedar windows are furnished with Roman blinds, as in the dining room.
Soaring raked ceilings and celestial windows feature in the oversized bedroom, which offers a study area, a long wall of mirror robes, ceiling fan, reverse cycle air conditioner and a door onto the entertaining area.
Adjacent, the ensuite style bathroom is designed to be disability friendly, while the main bathroom with spa, has easy access to twin basins and an under bench front loading washer.
Hydronic underfloor heating with five zones maintains winter cosiness throughout.
Sheltered by a pergola and clear sheeting, the extensive, paved entertaining area is the perfect place to enjoy the tranquillity of the location in a secluded garden setting.
In a corner of the garden is a cedar clad, insulated studio or rumpus, an ideal teen retreat. The garden itself features brilliant autumn hues of Virginia creeper and fragrant gardenia, feijoas, a lemon and fig.
There is internal access to the allocated space in the double garage, fitted with an auto, panel lift door.
Even more storage awaits discovery! From the secure entry there is access down to a well-lit, freshly painted basement which consists of three storage rooms, the main featuring many wall brackets.
This haven of peace and privacy offers dual occupancy living and is only metres from the ANU, the CSIRO and City centre!
– Designed by architect Allan Spira, this dual occupancy home was built in 1991
– Peaceful private setting, just a short walk from ANU, CSIRO, the City centre, and on a bus route
– High raked ceilings and celestial windows create a sense of space and light
– North aspect to living areas, bedroom and entertaining area
– Cedar framed double glazed windows and doors frame private garden outlook
– Heavy insulation, double glazing, north orientation and solar hot water add to energy efficiency
– Disability friendly bathrooms, and extra wide doors and hallways
– Huge amount of storage throughout the home; in hallway, kitchen, master bedroom and basement
– Kitchen features granite island bench and gas cooktop, wall oven, Bosch dishwasher, walk-in pantry and an endless number of cupboards which extend up to ceiling height
– Dining has garden windows, double doors to entertaining and reverse cycle air conditioner
– Extensive paved entertaining area covered with pergola and clear sheeting has gas barbeque outlet
– Stacker doors between dining and lounge allows for flexible use
– Hydronic underfloor heating with five zones, to living areas, bedroom and bathrooms
– Huge bedroom features high ceilings, celestial windows, a study nook, long wall of mirror robes, a reverse cycle conditioner and door onto entertaining area
– Adjacent is a disability friendly ensuite style bathroom, while the main bathroom provides easy access to dual basins and a front loading washer
– Cedar clad, insulated, spacious studio in rear garden, ideal as a rumpus or teen retreat
– Secure entry has internal access to allocated bay in double garage, fitted with auto panel lift door
– From entry there is access down to a well-lit, freshly painted, three room basement
– Keyless entry to entrance and from garage, and deadlocks to all rear doors and windows
– Security monitoring system
– Transact phone and computer link
– Ducted vacuum system through house, garage and basement
– Unit 1 & 2 each with their own single car space within a double garage.
Rates: $4,982.61 (approx)
UV: $ 627,000 (approx)