Something truly special
Perched in a quiet, elevated street in Weston, this cascading split-level property is something special. Arriving at the attractive and privately set back front bordered with greenery, the home’s unique layout and architectural features strike you from the moment you step inside. The centred entrance on the bottom level, with its high vaulted ceilings, leads directly into the beautiful living room with huge bay window taking in the views, welcoming even more natural light, and stylish gas fireplace with long timber mantlepiece. To the right of this area is the equally impressive dining space with its own huge bay and high windows – this is an intimate, wonderful space to enjoy dining while gazing at the mountains in the distance.
The living zones of the home occupy the medium level. The renovated kitchen is equipped with lots of cupboards, pantry, stone bench tops, Miele appliances, gas stove, integrated dishwasher, and a breakfast bar connecting to the spacious family room with soaring ceiling and a leafy outlook through the doors allowing access to the rear yard. Also on this level is the laundry room which includes a second shower and toilet. The top level contains the sleeping quarters – three bedrooms with built-in wardrobes, with the main and second bedrooms enjoying sliding door access to the rear yard. The family bathroom and separate toilet have been updated. Interior comfort is provided by ducted gas heating, evaporative cooling and the cosy fireplace in the living room, with power supplied by a 6.6W solar system. The property has been freshly painted in a neutral scheme, the flooring is bamboo in the living areas and brand new carpet in the bedrooms.
The low-maintenance outdoor space is a totally private and leafy sanctuary without any mowing required. A small deck accessed from the family room steps down to a quiet paved area which would be perfect for a firepit, which leads around to a large paved area surrounded by mature shady trees and established gardens, a most pleasant space to relax and entertain alfresco. There is a garden shed for outside storage and car accommodation is in a double carport. Within around 5 minutes’ drive are the Cooleman Court commercial centre with its variety of stores, cafés and restaurants, private and public schools, access to the Tuggeranong Parkway, and the Cotter Road exit for quick escapes to wide open spaces and nature including Mount Stromlo and the Cotter River.
– Great street, elevated position with lovely mountain views, shaded during summer
– Very unique layout and interior design elements, high vaulted ceilings
– Beautiful separate living and dining rooms, light filled, faraway views, gas fireplace
– Bamboo flooring in living areas, new carpet in sleeping quarters, freshly painted
– Renovated kitchen
– Updated main bathroom/second shower and toilet in laundry room
– Easy care block with no mowing needed
– Established mature gardens and trees, enclosed and very private outdoor spaces
– Side paved area with small deck, perfect for entertaining around a fire pit
– Large paved area perfect for alfresco dining and entertaining
– Close proximity to comprehensive amenities and natural spaces
– Rental appraisal of $675 to $725 per week
Land Size: 672m2
Living Size: 153m2 (approx.)
Land Rates: $3,471 p.a (approx.)
Land Value: $795,000 (approx.)