Inviting, privately built home with northerly aspect, a short walk to cafes and metres to light rail stop!
This north facing, privately built home has excellent street appeal and the brick chimney adds character to the mid-century home. It is conveniently located only steps from a light rail stop for a rapid trip into the City centre; and a short walk to Dickson shopping precinct and the Gang Gang café in Downer! The home is well sited on a block of approximately 716 m2 with enticing pathways which wind through the attractively landscaped gardens, displaying splashes of colour through the seasons.
A sunroom at the front provides a welcoming entry and has been much enjoyed over many winters. The home is beautifully presented throughout and is ready for living and entertaining.
The generous lounge enjoys the northerly aspect, wide windows maximising natural light. Wool carpet extends from the lounge into the dining room and hallway, and drapes are in excellent condition throughout. Reverse cycle air conditioners in the lounge and dining room ensure comfort, while there is a gas heater set into the brick structure of the fireplace.
Renovated in recent years with quality finishes, the kitchen features stone benchtops and splashback, an electric cooktop and oven. The adjacent laundry opens to the covered rear entertaining area, sheltered from the elements and a cool spot to enjoy the summer.
Bedrooms are spacious and the master and third bedroom offer a wall of built-in robes. The bathroom was updated some years ago and features a bath, shower and separate w/c.
Gardens display a variety of native plants, together with colourful roses, camellias, azaleas and crepe myrtles, all well established and easily maintained. The rear garden, with veggie patch, is safely enclosed with Colorbond fencing.
The large single garage has storage space at the rear and there is a garden shed.
Dickson swimming pool, tennis, netball and gym facilities are all just a short walk from this peaceful, fantastic location, and many sought after schools are ‘in area’.
With a light rail stop close by there is easy access to Farmers’ markets and to Gungahlin town centre.
An inviting home, sure to tick all the boxes!
– Privately built, north facing home on block of approx. 716 m2, within metres of a light rail stop
– Peaceful central location, a short walk to Dickson or Downer cafes, restaurants and shops
– Home has excellent street appeal, enhanced by colourful, attractively landscaped gardens
– Sunroom at front captures winter sun and offers a welcoming entry
– Generous lounge maximises northerly aspect with wide windows, overlooking gardens
– Immaculate presentation throughout with carpet and drapes in perfect condition
– Wool carpet laid through lounge, dining and hallway
– Reverse cycle air conditioners
– Gas wall heater installed in brick fireplace in lounge
– Updated kitchen features stone benchtops and splashback, electric hotplate and oven, saucepan drawer and wine rack
– Adjacent laundry with storage leads to back yard and entertaining area
– Covered, private and sheltered entertainment area offers protection from summer heat
– Spacious bedrooms with two offering an abundance of built-in wardrobes
– The bathroom features a bath, shower and separate w/c
– Large single garage and secure rear garden with veggie patch, garden shed and Colorbond fencing
– Gardens planted with many native shrubs and hardy, established roses, azaleas, camellias, crepe myrtle, port wine magnolia, lavender and more, with an in-ground watering system
– Golf course, Dickson swimming pool, tennis, netball and gym facilities a short walk away
– In-area for many highly regarded schools
– One block from the light rail, which provides easy access to Farmers’ markets, Gungahlin town centre and City