Beautifully renovated and extended home with separate living areas, in an enviable location!
Picturesque gardens complement the appealing façade of this Canberra red brick home, situated in a shaded quiet street, only a short walk from light rail, the Dickson hub, Downer and Watson cafes.
The front courtyard is bordered by azaleas which promise vibrant spring colour.
A discovery awaits as the front door opens to reveal stunning, Tasmanian Oak, solid timber parquetry, the beautiful shades and texture showcased, as new throughout the home!
From the entry, the generous area of living space unfolds. In the elegant, sunken formal lounge extension at the front of the home, full length windows offer a private garden outlook and a sliding door opens onto the front courtyard.
The spacious family room, dining and kitchen have a northerly aspect and open onto the rear entertaining deck, which is presently enclosed to create a sunroom.
The tastefully renovated kitchen features granite benchtops, a Miele gas cooktop and oven, stainless steel dishwasher and offers a private outlook over the attractive rear garden.
Ducted evaporative cooling and ducted gas heating ensure comfort, and there is a solar system and solar hot water.
The generous master bedroom extension features built-in robes and a modern ensuite with a large shower stall, while other bedrooms and a study also offer built-in robes.
Year round entertaining can be enjoyed on the expansive, enclosed rear deck, which opens onto the attractively landscaped garden. This features two raised veggie beds, with more growing productively along the side and a 4,500 litre water tank. There is an automated inground sprinkler system to the courtyard, front garden beds with its established plants, and front lawn.
A drive-through carport is enclosed with an auto roller door and there is another carport, with a secure parking space in between.
A leisurely stroll will take you to coffee, shops and restaurants at Watson, Downer and Dickson, and to a light rail stop. Farmers’ Markets, Dickson swimming pool, sporting facilities and nature trails on Mt. Majura and Mt. Ainslie are all within easy reach.
A selection of highly regarded schools and the ACU are close by.
This beautifully presented and updated home amidst its lovely gardens, is ready to enjoy, and the exceptional flooring is a highlight!
– Extended and updated Canberra red brick home on a block of approx. 694 m2
– Superb location in a leafy street, just a short walk to Dickson, Downer, Watson shops and light rail
– Picturesque street appeal of house and garden
– Stunning, Tasmanian Oak parquetry extends from the entry through all living areas and bedrooms
– Elegant, sunken formal lounge extension at front of the home offers a private garden outlook
– Lounge flows to generous casual living area, which includes family room, dining and kitchen
– Modern kitchen features quality granite benchtops, a Miele gas cooktop, oven and a dishwasher
– Dining room opens onto an expansive, enclosed rear entertaining deck, which faces north
– Pelmets and custom drapes to family and dining areas
– Ducted evaporative cooling and ducted gas heating
– Ceiling fans in lounge, family room, master and second bedrooms
– Solar array of 12 panels and solar hot water
– Generous master bedroom extension features a built-in robe, modern ensuite and door to deck
– Other bedrooms and study offer built-in robes
– Main bathroom updated at similar time to ensuite build and has a separate w/c
– New laundry
– Landscaped rear garden has brick barbeque, two raised veggie beds and 4,500 litre tank with pump
– Carport with auto roller door, a garage and a secure parking space in between
– Charcoal Colorbond fences in new condition
– Close to excellent schools
– Fabulous nature trails on nearby Mt. Majura and Mt. Ainslie
Available mid January
Private and Virtual Inspection available.
• The property does not comply with the minimum ceiling insulation standard.
Applicants are required to seek consent from the lessor to keep pets on the premises.
THINK THIS COULD BE YOUR NEW HOME?
1. Click on the “BOOK INSPECTION” button
2. Register your information and be kept informed of current or future opens via SMS or email
3. If you do not register, we are unable to inform you of any time changes, cancellations or further
Disclaimer: Please note that while all care has been taken regarding information and marketing information compiled for this rental advertisement, Luton Properties does not accept responsibility and disclaim all liabilities in regard to any errors or inaccuracies contained herein. We encourage prospective tenants to rely on their own investigation and in-person inspections to ensure this property meets their individual needs and circumstances