Prime Position, Prime Lifestyle, New Dual Home Opportunity
Well located in a peaceful, tightly held, coveted neighbourhood with only local traffic, this family friendly four bedroom home is ideally positioned on a desirable 955m² block. With an excellent layout and a wonderful outlook over Torrens Oval, the residence is superbly positioned close to Mt Taylor Nature Reserve, and within walking distance of Sacred Heart and Torrens Primary Schools.
Consider the opportunities! Take advantage of the ACT Government’s new Interim Territory plan which would allow for RZ1 zoned blocks over 800m² to have a second, separately titled dwelling built, with rules to govern tree coverage and soft landscaping requirements.
Beautifully presented, the home offers what many modern families look for – open plan living and dining areas seamlessly connecting to the renovated kitchen and segregated bedrooms. The clever positioning of the living room’s windows allows natural light to pour in and provides the perfect vantage point to watch the moving tapestry of dog walkers, birds and even the occasional kangaroo enjoying the oval opposite.
The modern kitchen, with quality fixtures and fittings, links perfectly to the dining space and the re-tiled laundry with convenient access to an outdoor entertaining patio. Timber flooring connects the living areas and bedrooms, enhancing the sense of flow throughout the home, while quality curtains and roman blinds add a stylish warmth to every room.
The main bedroom, with generous built in wardrobes is well positioned at the end of the hallway away from the entertaining spaces. There are three other good-sized comfortable bedrooms, all with built-in wardrobes. The renovated bathroom is conveniently central to the bedrooms and offers contemporary charm with full height tiling, a shower and a bath – very convenient for those with small children and for relaxing adults after a long day. There is also a second, separate toilet and plenty of storage space throughout.
Outside, the leafy, secure back yard is a haven for play and pets. A large shed, with an aviary, has abundant storage space for garden tools, bikes and more. The front garden is a delight of established shrubs and easy-care garden beds that seems to blend into the shady trees on the oval opposite. The driveway provides ample off-street parking options and room to add a carport or garage if desired.
Melrose High school, Marist College, Mawson shopping centre and public transport routes are all close by as are the many amenities of Woden town centre’s shops and offices. A picture-perfect place to raise your family, with the oval as an extended back yard, this could be the place your heart calls home, so listen to your heart! You might not get another chance like this.
– Four bedroom home in sought after location
– Block size now suitable for 2nd dwelling
– Immaculate presentation
– Flexible and practical floor plan
– Flooded with natural light
– Lovely aspect overlooking Torrens Oval
– Generous living and dining areas
– Living room with skylight and new ceiling fan
– Dining area/kitchen with reverse cycle air conditioner
– Renovated kitchen with electric ceramic cooktop
– Wall-hung oven, dishwasher, double sink
– Modern cabinetry and fittings
– Microwave space, built-in pantry
– Plenty of bench space extending to breakfast bar
– Spacious main bedroom with built-in wardrobes
– Delightful outlook over front garden and oval
– All bedrooms with garden outlooks
– Freshly painted throughout
– All 4 bedrooms with built-in wardrobes
– Renovated bathroom with bath, shower, vanity
– Toilet, floor to ceiling tiling, Tastic light/heater
– Additional separate toilet
– Laundry with new tiling and external access
– Generous storage options throughout
– Ducted gas heating with new system
– Electric hot water
– Back yard with paved patio, water tank
– Large garden shed, lawn, established garden
– Secure Colorbond fencing
– Ample off-street parking
– Easy-care, leafy established front and rear gardens
– Walk to childcare centre, private and public primary schools
– Short walk to Melrose High School & Marist College
– Easy access to Mawson shopping centre, public transport & Woden Town
– Built: 1967
– Rental Appraisal: $720 – $750pw
Living Size: 129m²
Land Size: 955m²
Land Value: $733,000 (2023)
Rates: $3493 pa
All amounts, values and measurements are approximate and not to be relied upon. Buyers to make their own enquiries.