Updated, light filled home offers space and flexibility, in prime location, close to City and lake!
Set amidst lovely gardens in a premium location, just a short walk from the lake and City centre, this tastefully renovated home has strong, contemporary street appeal. Owned by the same family almost since it was built in 1960, and later extended in 1990, it has been updated in recent times to create an elegant, stylish home offering large, separate living areas that enable great flexibility for different family arrangements.
The spacious formal lounge is bathed in light from the northerly aspect, enhanced by fresh white décor throughout, while the 60’s character is preserved in the high ceilings, ornate cornice and full length, timber framed windows, overlooking trees and gardens. Roman blinds furnish the wide windows, and quality carpet extends through the lounge to all bedrooms.
The light filled ambience flows into the dining room, which features attractive flooring and Roman blinds. The view over the garden is a delight, thoughtful landscaping creating a lush effect with minimal maintenance required.
White stone benchtops and a swish glass splashback are highlights in the modern kitchen, which is equipped with a Smeg gas cooktop, stainless steel oven and rangehood, built-in microwave and a stainless steel Bosch dishwasher, loads of cupboards, a pantry and a wine rack.
Generous dimensions, comfort and light characterise the master bedroom, which offers a wall of built-in robes, a ceiling fan, slimline wall heater and Roman blinds. Second and third bedrooms are also fitted with built-in robes and wall heaters. Presented in excellent condition, the bathroom features a bath and a shower, with luxurious rain shower fitting, a new vanity and tapware. The w/c is separate. Storage throughout is generous, with two linen cupboards, as well as under-stair space. Light fills the stunning, open plan upstairs living area which takes in treetop views to the tall eucalypts lining Anzac Parade.
A sliding door opens to the balcony and there is an air conditioner and a roomy kitchen, featuring a glass cooktop and microwave. On this level is a large fourth bedroom, having a built-in robe and an ensuite with two way access, so providing a fully self-contained living area for young adults, or the older generation, and other possibilities.
Outdoor living spaces are dotted around the home, the entertaining deck situated at the side overlooking the garden, alongside the substantial carport, which can double as additional entertaining space. Brick paving winds around to two sheltered sitting areas in the rear garden, neatly landscaped and offering five raised veggie beds and a shed.
The sensational location is on the doorstep of the City centre, while it is just steps to scenic pathways around the lake and major cultural attractions, or to Civic swimming pool. From the peaceful, friendly neighbourhood it is a stroll to coffee and restaurants at the local shops, while Campbell primary and high schools, pre-schools and childcare are an easy walk, as is the War Memorial.
This much loved home awaits its new family and the next chapter in its history!
– Prime location, in a peaceful street, just a short walk to the lake and City centre
– Originally constructed in 1960, extended in 1990 and updated in recent years
– Excellent presentation throughout; fresh white décor, Roman blinds, quality carpets and flooring
– Spacious, light filled lounge and dining feature decorative cornice, wide windows and Roman blinds
– Modern kitchen finished with stone benchtops, glass splashback and quality appliances
– Smeg gas cooktop and stainless steel oven, Bosch s/steel dishwasher, pantry and wine rack
– Separate, large living areas on each level, which take in scenic outlook to trees and gardens
– Upper level comprises open plan living with a kitchen, balcony, bedroom with robe and ensuite
– Gas heating in formal lounge and an air conditioner on upper level
– Foxtel dish and iiNet connection
– Generous master bedroom features Roman blind, wall heater, ceiling fan and wall of built-in robes
– Large second and third bedrooms on lower level also offer built-in robes and slimline wall heaters
– Main bathroom offers a bath, shower with luxury rain shower, new vanity and separate w/c
– Laundry features original deep trough, and external door opens to brick pathway and ivy-clad fence
– Two sheltered outdoor sitting areas in rear garden, five raised veggie beds and a garden shed
– Entertaining deck at side of the home overlooking garden, with additional space in carport
– Peaceful, friendly neighbourhood and lovely streetscapes
– Walk to Campbell shops, Campbell primary and high schools, pre-schools and War Memorial
– Easy access to airport precinct
– Easy access to major cultural attractions; fireworks, Floriade and commemorations
Rates: $4,160.63 per annum (approx.)