Family home with unique character, idyllic bush setting, steps to reserve and close to schools, café's and public transport
In a peaceful location, just steps from Mt. Majura nature reserve and grazing kangaroos, this impressive, thoughtfully extended home is well positioned on an extraordinary block of approximately 1,397 m2, amidst native gardens, a haven for relaxation and abundant birdlife.
Timber cladding and cedar framed windows add to the home’s distinctive street appeal.
With an emphasis on flexibility of living arrangements, the superb residence includes generous formal and casual living areas, which have a seamless flow onto outdoor entertaining space.
Newly polished solid timber flooring is a highlight from the entry through all living areas. The formal lounge has a restful sense of space and a fireplace adds to the ambience, while hydronic heating ensures cosy warmth throughout the home. A wall of timber framed, double glazed windows offers an outlook to garden and reserve, furnished with honeycomb blinds, optimising light and privacy.
A cathedral ceiling with exposed beams features in the spacious casual living area. A vast stone benchtop is showcased in the huge contemporary kitchen, together with a Bellini 900 mm oven and gas cooktop, an Asko dishwasher, a large walk-in pantry and endless storage.
From the family area, two sets of stacker doors provide smooth integration with the rear deck, overlooking gardens shaded by magnificent deciduous and native trees. Tiered timber seating is built around a firepit and there is extensive, covered paved entertaining area.
Bathed in light from cedar framed windows, the luxuriously proportioned master suite offers treetop views to Mt. Majura, a walk-in robe and modern bathroom. Two open plan study areas offer a superb working from home environment, a nursery or rumpus space.
All of the bedrooms on the lower level feature double glazing and hydronic heating. The main bathroom, updated with slate finish offers a bath, shower with new screen and a separate w/c.
There is access to an inviting self-contained studio, which features a high ceiling and celestial windows, kitchenette, ensuite, two private decks and its own driveway.
The garden is a bushland oasis and includes a sheltered retreat with a spa and dressing shed.
There are also six raised veggie beds, as well as cherry, mulberry, persimmon and walnut trees.
The garage has rear access to park a boat or trailer, and there is off-street parking for four cars. A metal garden shed, plus large two-room storage space each provide ample storage.
The idyllic location is only metres to reserve and walking trails, yet offers many attractions of Inner North living within a short stroll, such as coffee, fresh bread and pastries at Watson shops. With the convenience of a bus stop virtually at the front door, nearby are the Hackett shops, Majura and Rosary primary schools and Dickson College, the Australian Catholic University, with proximity to the Farmers’ Markets and a light rail stop!
– Substantial, extended, privately built home in a peaceful location, metres from Mt. Majura reserve
– Exceptional block of 1,397 m2 is home to beautiful native gardens sheltered by mature trees
– Home offers impressive formal and casual living areas, and light and airy, upper level master suite
– Timber cladding of extension, and cedar framed windows, add to home’s distinctive street appeal
– Light filled entry with glass side panels to new front door
– Newly polished, solid timber flooring a highlight, extending from the entry through all living areas
– Double glass doors from entry to generous formal lounge
– Fireplace adds winter atmosphere to lounge, while hydronic heating is installed throughout
– Lounge features double glazed windows, furnished with dual-function honeycomb blinds
– Double doors from lounge to vast casual living area, featuring cathedral ceiling with exposed beams
– Huge chef’s kitchen showcases an enormous stone island bench, a Bellini 900 mm oven and gas cooktop, an Asko dishwasher, large walk-in pantry and a massive amount of storage
– From family area, two sets of stacker doors offer seamless integration of living space with rear deck
– Stacker doors and the majority of windows on entry level are double glazed
– Tiered timber seating designed around a firepit, and an extensive area of covered entertaining
– Upper level master bedroom has cedar framed windows and elevated treetop view to Mt. Majura
– Walk-in robe and adjacent modern bathroom with a new shower screen
– Two open plan study areas on upper level offer flexible use, as study space, a nursery or rumpus
– Extraction fan and external awnings maintain comfort during warmer months
– All bedrooms on lower level feature double glazing and hydronic heating
– Ease of access is to an inviting, self-contained studio with high ceiling, a pull-out bed, kitchenette, ensuite, two decks and own driveway
– Sheltered garden retreat with a spa and dressing shed
– Six raised veggie beds and cherry, mulberry, persimmon, olive and walnut trees
– Garage with rear access to park a trailer, and off-street parking for four cars
– The low maintenance garden is a private oasis
– Bus stop at the door-
– Steps to Mt. Majura nature trails, dog park, close to Watson and Hackett shops.
– Proximity to a tram stop and weekly Farmers’ Market
UV $ 1,032,000
Rates: approx. $ 1,158.07 per quarter