Appealing home in peaceful, shady RZ2 location, close to shops, schools and light rail!
Situated in a peaceful street where trees form a shady canopy, this extended, Canberra red brick home has excellent street appeal, with full length timber framed windows and decorative detail to the covered terrace.
A beautiful Chinese elm is a centrepiece of the attractively landscaped garden and the terrace offers a quiet spot to enjoy the outlook. The block of approximately 752 m2 is within an RZ2 zone and is only a short walk to shops, schools and light rail!
Living areas have a spacious, open plan layout. Large windows in the lounge frame a private garden view. These are furnished with quality timber venetians and drapes. A ceiling fan and ducted gas heating ensure comfort.
Sunlight pours into the dining area from the north aspect and the spacious, updated kitchen offers a good area of benchtop, an upright electric stove and pantry.
The huge master bedroom extension was completed in the last twenty five years, along with the construction of the front terrace and pergola, the rear covered entertaining area, a carport, the installation of eight solar panels, renovation of the kitchen and the creation of an open plan flow to living areas.
The enormous master bedroom includes a parents’ retreat or study area, a wall of built-in robes, an ensuite, a sliding door to the rear entertaining terrace and also has an external door.
Second and third bedrooms offer built-in robes and are served by the main bathroom.
Ceiling fans and timber venetians feature in all bedrooms.
The separate laundry opens to paved outdoor areas, which enjoy a private outlook over the rear garden. This offers grassy play space, apple, lemon and quince trees, heritage roses and camellias, raised veggie beds, an aviary and a chook pen.
The double garage has two work benches, while the current single door could be changed back to a double. There is a substantial carport and also off-street parking for several additional vehicles.
The brilliant location is only a short stroll to Hackett shops, and a comfortable walk to the Dickson hub, swimming pool, Majura and Rosary primary schools, Dickson College, many other well regarded schools and light rail! All the nature trails on Mt. Ainslie and Mt. Majura are close by.
Location, layout, street appeal, outdoor living areas and landscaped gardens are all there, and this inviting home just awaits your finishing touch!
● Extended and well maintained, Canberra red brick home, with timber framed windows and covered front terrace adding to the excellent street appeal
● Outstanding location in a peaceful street on block of approx 752 m2 in RZ2 zone, only a short walk to local shops, many schools, Dickson centre and a light rail stop
● Mature Chinese elm a centrepiece of the attractively landscaped front garden, and the covered front terrace offers an inviting spot to enjoy the outlook
● Living areas have an open plan layout
● Lounge features full length windows framing garden view, furnished with quality timber venetians and drapes, a ceiling fan and there is ducted gas heating
● Dining room has a north aspect, while the updated kitchen offers ample bench space, a Fisher and Paykel upright electric stove and pantry
● Separate laundry opens onto paved outdoor areas
● Covered rear entertaining terrace and open paved areas offer a private outlook over garden
● Huge master bedroom includes a parents’ retreat or study area, a wall of built-in robes, a sliding door to the rear entertaining terrace and an ensuite, also with an external door, while built-in robes, ceiling fans and timber venetians feature in all three bedrooms
● Enclosed rear garden offers grassy play space, apple, lemon and quince trees, heritage roses and camellias, raspberries, raised veggie beds, an aviary, chook pen and two water tanks
● Double garage has two work benches, while the current single door could be changed back to a double
● Substantial carport and also off-street parking for several additional vehicles
● Security screens to external doors, a security system and eight solar panels
● Superb location, only a short stroll to Hackett shops and a comfortable walk to Watson and Dickson hubs, swimming pool, Majura and Rosary primary schools, Dickson College, many other sought after schools, nature trails on Mt. Ainslie and Mt. Majura, and light rail
Rates: $ 4,452.36
UV: $ 848,000