Offering some of the best views in Murrumbateman, this stylish home promises a relaxed lifestyle!
From an elevated position this generously proportioned home enjoys gorgeous rural views to a lake used for horticultural supply in the friendly community of Merryville Estate.
It is situated on a generous block of approximately 6,790 m2 amidst attractive gardens and has two paddocks at the rear of the home.
Bay windows to all living areas and bedrooms enhance the graceful façade and a covered sitting area offers the perfect spot to enjoy the tranquil outlook.
A leadlight door opens to the wide, welcoming entry of this beautifully presented home. Double doors lead to the elegant formal lounge, bay windows framing views over the lake.
There is fresh neutral décor throughout and quality new carpet furnishes the lounge and all bedrooms.
Striking timber flooring extends from the entry through the vast casual living space, the generous dining area offering a superb outlook to the lake and a windmill.
The quality kitchen showcases granite benchtops, a 900 mm glass cooktop, stainless steel double oven, dishwasher and a walk in pantry. Modern blinds with remote control furnish all windows through the living area.
In the family room a gas log fire provides warmth and winter atmosphere, while a reverse cycle air conditioner ensures year round comfort, and there are ceiling fans to lounge, dining and family areas.
A sliding door from the family room opens onto an extensive entertaining space, partly sheltered by a pergola with a retractable cover, overlooking garden and bushland.
The luxuriously proportioned master bedroom offers a walk-in robe, reverse cycle air conditioner, ceiling fan and an ensuite, and is furnished with new carpet and honeycomb blinds to the bay window and ensuite. The superb view from this light and airy room is a lovely way to start each day.
Other bedrooms all feature built-in robes, new carpet and modern blinds. The well designed main bathroom offers a bath, shower, a separate w/c and additional external vanity.
There is internal access to the double garage, equipped with two auto doors.
A massive in-ground 100,000 litre rain water tank provides domestic supply, while all homes have a yearly allocation to be drawn from the community dam for garden irrigation.
Timber retaining walls terrace the gentle slope of the shaded rear garden, safely enclosed with wire fencing, so providing continuity of gardens with the natural bushland. Many fruit trees aid self sufficiency including pear, apple and plum, as well as seven raised veggie beds, and there is a chicken coop.
Paddocks at the rear of the home provide deep pasture for horses.
The peaceful location within the rural community is within easy reach of many notable cold climate wineries dotted through Murrumbateman.
A short drive takes you to local shops with an IGA, doctor, dentist, vet, petrol station, hardware store, pharmacy and the delightful historic village of Hall to enjoy coffee and restaurants, as well as many craft shops.
Residents enjoy nature trails around the lake and a picnic area, while the lake is a great place for paddling a boat or fishing.
This elegant home offers all the space that any family could desire, and an opportunity to join this welcoming community!
– Generously proportioned home offers vast living areas, extensive entertaining and luxury master
– Superb views over gardens to lake and rural landscape from elevated block of approx. 6,790 m2
– Well presented, with fresh décor throughout and new carpet through lounge and bedrooms
– Elegant formal lounge features bay windows framing lovely views over lake and beyond
– Striking timber flooring extends from entry through huge casual living areas and hallways
– Impressive dining or “summer room” has views over lake and windmill, and a door to sitting area
– Quality kitchen features granite benchtops, double oven, dishwasher and a walk-in pantry
– Ceiling fans installed in formal lounge, dining, family, master and third bedrooms
– Spacious family room features a gas log fire, a reverse cycle air conditioner and fan
– Modern blinds with remote control function are installed throughout living areas
– NBN to home
– Door from family room onto extensive entertaining space with pergola and a retractable cover
– Luxuriously sized, light and airy master bedroom offers tranquil views, a walk-in robe, ensuite, reverse cycle air conditioner and fan, and honeycomb blinds to the bay window and ensuite
– Other bedrooms all have built-in robes and modern blinds
– Main bathroom offers a bath, shower, separate w/c and an additional external vanity
– Internal access to double garage equipped with two auto doors and access to rear garden
– Gravelled secure parking area suitable for caravan or trailer
– Plumbing installed for a spa in the rear entertaining area
– 100,000 litre inground rain water tank for household use
– Garden shed
– Two paddocks suitable for horses or alpacas at the rear of the home
– Envirocycle waste treatment system
– Allocation from community dam for irrigation
– Many fruit trees including pears, apples, plum and seven raised veggie beds
– Chicken coop
– Short drive to IGA, doctors, dentist, vet, petrol station, hardware store, pharmacy and takeaway
– Close to historic village of Hall for coffee, restaurants and craft shops
– Pleasant drive to many notable wineries in the Murrumbateman region and a stroll to Shaw’s winery and restaurant
– Plans approved to build a primary school in the village and bus to Canberra schools at the end of the street
– Dam provides recreation; paddling boats, fishing, paths for dog walking and picnic area
Rates: $1,824.70pa (approx)
UV: $478,000 (approx)