Charming home in a great location with 174m2 (approximately) of living space including four massive bedrooms!
Situated in a superb location, on the high side of a peaceful cul-de-sac amidst shaded gardens, in an RZ2 zone close to Curtin shops, this mid-century home has immediate street appeal, dormer windows adding to the charm. Originally built in 1965, with a well-designed Cape Cod extension added in 1975, the home has been owned by the one family and is beautifully maintained. It offers generous, separate living areas and oversized bedrooms. Sheltered by a lovely shade tree, the gently sloping gardens are planted with a border of bush roses and natives.
From the elevated front terrace the entry leads, on the right, to the formal lounge/dining which takes in the north west view and winter sunlight. The whole house features a HAAN electric heating system with three separate zones. Timber-framed windows are fitted throughout the lower level and aluminium windows to the upper level. To the left of the entry is the light-filled, open plan informal living area comprising family room equipped with a reverse cycle air conditioner, meals and spacious kitchen, all benefitting from the north aspect. Overlooking the outdoor entertaining area the kitchen includes an electric stove and generous quality cabinetry installed in the major renovations of 1975.
The fourth bedroom, separately situated on the lower level, is adjacent to a modern accessible bathroom and separate w/c. From the entry a timber staircase leads to three enormous bedrooms. Windows on two sides frame treetop views from the master bedroom, featuring a walk-in robe and a reverse cycle air conditioner. Bedroom two is simply huge, has windows on three sides and a built-in robe, shelving and a ceiling fan. The third bedroom is equipped with a built-in robe, shelves and desk. The nicely presented bathroom on this level has a separate powder room.
A brick BBQ and retaining wall feature in the paved entertaining area overlooking the neatly terraced garden and mature apricot tree. From the back door a large landing area and gentle ramp provide easy access to the garden and the garage, which has workshop space, power, lights and adjoining carport. Along the back fence there are veggie beds, a garden shed and cubby house. Grassed and paved areas are arranged in an attractive, low-maintenance design.
From this friendly, established and quiet neighbourhood, it is a short walk to all the major facilities of the Curtin shopping centre. Buses on either side of nearby McCulloch and Carruthers Streets run to Woden and City, while Curtin Primary and Holy Trinity Primary schools are only a short distance. A reserve and pathway lie at the end of the leafy cul-de-sac.
The home and position were treasured by its owners, who now invite a new family to create its own chapter and personal touches to this spacious and well-designed home, in a prime location!
– Spacious, appealing home set amidst attractive gardens, on high side of peaceful shaded street
– Well sited with north-west aspect on block of approx. 792 m2 in RZ2 zone, close to Curtin shops
– Formal lounge/dining and open plan family/meals/kitchen have elevated outlook to leafy street
– HAAN electric, thermostatically controlled heating system, with three zones
– Reverse cycle air conditioner in family room
– One bedroom is situated on lower level, adjacent to an accessible bathroom with separate w/c
– Oversized bedrooms on upper level, served by a bathroom with a separate powder room
– Luxurious master bedroom offers a walk-in robe, an air conditioner and treetop views
– Bedroom two is enormous and fitted with a built-in robe, shelving, ceiling fan and three windows
– Bedroom three is equipped with a built-in robe, shelves and desk
– Brick barbeque the centrepiece of the paved entertaining area, overlooking landscaped garden
– Grass and paved areas over neatly terraced garden, with apricot tree, veggie beds, shed and cubby
– Accessibility ramp and large landing for easy mobility to the back garden facilities
– Garage has workshop space, lights and power, and there is an adjacent carport
– Just steps from established, quiet and friendly neighbourhood to major facilities at Curtin shops
– Easy walk to Curtin Primary and Holy Trinity Primary schools in Theodore Street
– Only metres to bus routes on McCulloch and Carruthers Streets, leading into the City or Woden
– Easy, direct drive to Canberra College and The Canberra Hospital
Rates: $ 4,185.00
UV: $ 656,000 approximately
In response to some of the Covid-19 restrictions being lifted, Luton Properties can allow up to 20 attendees inside an open home at any one time. As a result of this, there may be a slight wait to enter our properties and we ask attendees to be prepared for this and factor this into your open home schedule. We would ask that only essential people come with you to open homes to limit large groups.