Your own piece of this historic suburb, in a character filled home offering contemporary comfort!
Set well back from the street amidst spring gardens, on a block of approximately 694 m2, this charming, light filled home has all the character of its 1960’s heritage, preserved in a tasteful renovation and architect-designed extension. The contemporary arch of Vogue shade sails adds to the street appeal and wide steps lead up to the elevated front terrace, an inviting sitting area.
The front door opens to the spacious entry, welcoming in its palette of neutral white, from lime-washed timber flooring to the fresh décor, which extend into the inviting, open plan living area. Bathed in light, a cosy Nectre slow combustion fireplace with Moroccan tiles at its heart, it offers flexibility in layout, while the timber framed windows and door overlook the front terrace. Sleek stone benchtops sparkle, reflecting LED downlighting in the newly renovated kitchen, which is equipped with a retro-style Belling oven, gas cooktop and a Miele stainless steel dishwasher. Ducted gas heating and a reverse cycle air conditioner add to year round comfort.
From an atrium, glass doors open on the north aspect to a sun drenched deck, with a tranquil outlook over a neat hedge to treetops and Red Hill lookout, and on the other to a sheltered entertaining area, covered with a shade sail and decorated with a colourful mural, created by renowned artist Julie McCarron-Benson.
Hidden behind another mural by the artist, is the spectacularly proportioned master bedroom extension! Enjoying the north aspect and perfectly private outlook to trees and sky, it is equipped with a modern ensuite, roomy walk-in robe with a window, and an air conditioner. Richly textured Roman blinds furnish the full length windows, and this fabulous room may lend itself to the possibility of use as a second living area.
The large second bedroom, previously the master, is situated off the entry and offers a built-in robe and air conditioner, while the third and fourth bedroom or study also have storage. The updated main bathroom features a bath, pedestal basin and a separate powder room, while the adjacent laundry opens onto the entertaining area.
The wall displaying the mural belongs to a spacious studio, also equipped with an air conditioner. This versatile room has handy access to the main bathroom and would be great for kids and teens. High, timber-look, Colorbond gates on either side of the home safely enclose the rear garden, which features a mature apricot tree, a nectarine and lemon, as well as a raised veggie bed and a shed. Double carport accommodation is provided under the shade sails.
Within just a short walk of the updated shops, Red Hill Primary School, St. Bede’s Primary School, the French-Australian preschool, Red Hill Childcare Centre and Voyager Park, and within easy reach of Canberra Grammar, Narrabundah College, Red Hill Nature Park and Manuka Shopping Precinct, the enviable location is perfect for any family!
Offering style and modern comfort, along with character only found in Canberra’s earlier homes.
– Renovated 1960’s home with architect-designed extension which blends into original structure
– Strong street appeal and set well back from the road on a block of approximately 694 m2
– Wide steps up to elevated front terrace, one of three outdoor living areas
– Home decorated in neutral white tones, including attractive lime-washed flooring
– Inviting open plan living area features a Nectre stove, ducted gas heating and an air conditioner
– Newly renovated kitchen showcases stone benchtops, Belling gas cooktop and a Miele dishwasher
– Access from living area onto front terrace, to north facing deck and sheltered entertaining area
– Generous, north facing deck offers a private outlook over treetops to Red Hill lookout
– Huge master bedroom extension has north aspect, private outlook, Roman blinds, pendant lighting
– Master bedroom features a modern ensuite, an air conditioner and a walk-in robe with a window
– Large second bedroom, previously the master, offers a built-in robe and an air conditioner
– Third bedroom fitted with a built-in robe and fourth or study equipped with cupboards
– Updated main bathroom offers a bath, pedestal basin and a powder room
– Rinnai instantaneous hot water
– Entertaining area decorated with an absorbing mural by Julie McCarron-Benson
– Roomy studio equipped with an air conditioner and provides easy access to main bathroom
– Garden features a mature apricot tree, a lemon and a nectarine, veggie bed and garden shed
– Double carport accommodation under substantial Vogue shade sails
– High, “timber-look” Colourbond gates on both sides of the home safely enclose rear garden
– Security system
– Six solar panels
– Desirable, convenient location, short walk from primary and pre-schools, shops and ovals
– Short distance to Canberra Grammar, Narrabundah College and Manuka shopping precinct
Rates approximately $4,704.65