Location, lifestyle & character! Brilliantly extended home offering space & privacy - close to the City!
This inviting urban retreat has an outlook to iconic, tree lined Anzac Parade and is located just a short walk from the City centre and lake. A wide timber deck at the front of the home adds to the strong contemporary appeal of this thoughtfully renovated, mid-century home. A glass door opens to the entry, leading into the spacious lounge. Here, cedar windows and doors form a wall of glass opening onto the front deck, achieving continuity with the outdoors, highlighted by polished timber flooring. The brick structure of the fireplace forms a focal point and houses an efficient Norwegian slow combustion stove, which can be converted to an open fireplace simply by opening the doors, for great atmosphere and solid warmth in the winter. There is also ducted gas heating, while double brick construction assists in maintaining comfort through the seasons. The private outlook to tall trees from lounge, front deck and bedrooms is superb.
An extension to the separate informal living area has created a huge open plan family/dining room, leading onto the rear deck, once again maintaining the flow of indoor/outdoor living through full length windows. The large kitchen features a gas cooktop, a new stainless steel oven and grill, and a Fisher & Paykel double-drawer dishwasher. Benchtops are generous and there are twin pantries and wine cellar. Adjacent, a vestibule provides internal access from the brick garage, European laundry and an updated powder room.
The fantastic, private rear entertaining deck has steps forming seating right around it. Below the deck is an extensive area of neat paving, offering further outdoor living space, all overlooking shaded gardens screened with shrubs and brushwood fencing, a tranquil haven.
A beautiful leadlight window brightens the landing leading to the bedrooms. The master bedroom has a wide window framing views to the treetops with visiting rosellas and gallahs. There is a wall of built-in robes, equipped with a modern basket storage system, while a reverse cycle air conditioner ensures comfort. Bedroom two is full of light, with a private garden outlook, while all three bedrooms are equipped with electric wall heaters. The bright, renovated bathroom features full tiling, a bath and shower. There is enviable storage in an enormous linen press.
There is an automatic door to the front of the garage, ample storage along one wall, while a rear roller door provides handy access into the garden.
The premium location is on the doorstep of the City centre, while it is just steps to scenic pathways around the lake or to Civic swimming pool. Stroll to coffee and restaurants at the local shops, while Campbell primary and high schools, and Canberra Grammar early childhood campus are an easy walk, as is the War Memorial.
Constructed in 1959, at a time before Anzac Parade was laid out, and when Anzac Park extended across to homes in Reid, the home has the character of six decades past and has been treasured by the present owners for thirty years. Inspired renovation has created spacious living areas integrated with generous entertaining space which has maximized enjoyment of the scenic and private outlook. Lifestyle and an absolutely unique location, an opportunity not to be missed!
– Prime location overlooking tree lined Anzac Parade, a short walk from the City centre or lake
– Renovated, extended family home offering generous living & entertaining areas
– Expansive front deck extends from cedar doors right up to sheltering trees, creating a stylish façade
– Lounge features an efficient Norwegian slow combustion fireplace for great atmosphere & warmth
– Double brick construction through most of the home promotes comfort through the seasons
– Ducted gas heating
– Rinnai instantaneous hot water
– Large updated kitchen offers stainless steel oven & grill, gas cooktop & double drawer dishwasher
– Extensive area of bench space, twin pantries and a wine cellar
– Thoughtful extension has created a generous family/dining room flowing onto outdoor living
– Rear entertaining deck and paved area overlook garden screened with brushwood & shrubs
– Spacious master bedroom has huge built-in robe, a reverse cycle air conditioner & treetop views
– Renovated bathroom offers a bath, shower, w/c, heated towel rail & full tiling
– Updated powder room downstairs adjacent to European laundry & internal access from garage
– Huge amount of storage throughout the home
– Brick garage has an automatic front door, roller door access into rear garden & storage
– Stroll to cafes, restaurants & professional suites at Campbell shops
– Short walk to local primary & high schools and to the War Memorial
– Close to Russell offices, ASIO & Barton precinct
Land rates: $3,793.34 per annum (approx.)
Unimproved land value: $637,000