'Rosenthal' A stunning piece of country tranquillity, just minutes from the city
Marrakai Street – renowned for its former diplomatic residences, sprawling grand homes and beautiful gardens. Rosenthal is arguably the highest home on the range and the only residence in the street capturing unobstructed views to the Brindabella Mountains.
The residence sits on a 1887m2 lot and offers relaxed open spaces, courtyards, alfresco dining areas and a rooftop terrace. All windows and French doors take advantage of fabulous panoramic views, while the interior is stylish and elegant, with an abundance of formal and informal living areas.
Ideally suited to those who like to entertain, or those who like space to be themselves away from the madding crowd, the spacious open-plan kitchen/family meals area includes a gourmet kitchen with contemporary finishes, Corian bench tops, quality European appliances and a pantry. Adjoining the kitchen is a large, sunny family room which includes two built-in study desks and French doors opening onto the pool courtyard, which boasts a large automatic Vergola with a built-in bar-B-que kitchen facility.
An elegant dining room and gracious lounge room are perfect for formal or casual occasions, and French doors and a large gas fireplace add to Rosenthal’s charm. With so much indoor and outdoor space available for entertaining, this home is ideal for hosting private parties and events or casual barbecues.
A grand staircase leads to four spacious bedrooms, two with ensuites, and to a large family bathroom with double vanity. Stylish modern updates are sure to impress, including generous built-in wardrobes in all the bedrooms and a large walk-in dressing room off the master bedroom. The upper floor also includes a rumpus room with abundant storage space and its own terrace. Downstairs, a study/office with sweeping view of the Brindabella Ranges, with a large built-in desk and bookcase arrangement plus renovated ensuite which has a private entrance and would be perfect for working from home or for families requiring a fifth bedroom.
The electric-heated (linked to the 34-panel solar electric system with inverter and additional Telsa powerwall battery) inground pool can be enjoyed all year round. When not lazing on the sun-drenched terraces, solitude can be sought in the Pinnacle Nature Reserve at Rosenthal’s back gate, giving you a back yard of more than 154hectares! Bird watchers will be in heaven exploring the Bicentennial National Trail.
Wintery mornings can be spent relaxing in front of the gas fireplace in the formal lounge room or the electric faux-log fire in the family room watching the mist rise over the Brindabella ranges. Two well-established lemon trees, with a host of other fruit trees scattered throughout the extensive gardens including but not limited to apples trees, apricot, mulberry, fig, and a set of three large purpose-built vegetable/herb boxes right outside the kitchen door will satisfy your hunger for fresh produce, all easily managed with an automated watering system.
You will be immediately taken by Rosenthal’s sense of calm – whether it is the manicured lawns, rose garden or breath-taking views of the valleys in all directions.
Located in sought-after Marrakai Street, Hawker
– 10 minute drive to Radford College
– In the catchment area for Hawker College
– 17 minutes to Canberra City
– 20 minutes to Parliamentary Triangle
* Large lot (1887m2 approx.)
* In-ground swimming pool with solar heating and blanket
* Formal entrance
* Gourmet designed kitchen including integrated fridge and freezer, Miele appliances – dishwasher, oven, convection microwave and induction cooktop
* Family room
* Formal lounge room
* Formal dining room
* Four bedrooms
* Study/Office/Bedroom number five
* Rumpus room
* Newly carpeted and painted throughout
* One family bathroom, three ensuites, one powder room – all recently completely renovated
* Abundant storage throughout, including built-in robes, desks and linen cupboards
* Well-equipped laundry with built-in storage, Miele washing machine and dryer
* Quality window coverings throughout and automatic shade blinds on some windows
* Under-stair storage
* Inground concrete pool, salt chlorinator with Evoheat 19.5kwPool Heater linked to the solar electric system capable of heating the pool well above 27C year round
* Custom designed outdoor Weber bar-b-que kitchen area underneath a large automatic ‘Vergola’ roof which can be opened and closed to maximise sunshine throughout the day
* Double garage with automatic doors + additional outside parking
* 34-panel solar panel system with 13kW inverter system with a 14kW Tesla Powerwall 2 battery
* Workshop room
* Double brick construction downstairs
* Terracotta roof tiles
* Gas Rinnai hot water
* Ducted gas heating downstairs
* Reverse-cycle cooling upstairs and downstairs (three systems)
* Gas log fire in the formal lounge room, electric faux-log fire in the family room
* Automated irrigation system for all lawns and gardens
* Security system, crim-safe security doors + outside sensor lights around the perimeter of the house
Land Size: 1887m2 approx
Land Rates: $5,829 approx
UCV: $1,231,000 approx
Living Area: 415m2 approx