Inviting home with character, sustainability and luxury, a stroll from light rail and Dickson hub!
Beneath a shady canopy and behind its garden walls of Canberra red brick, this spacious, character filled home awaits your discovery. Situated in a quiet street on a block of approximately 773 m2, just a short walk from a light rail stop, the home has been extended over the years to offer large living areas and bedrooms. Native shrubs shelter the front garden and add to the strong contemporary street appeal.
Slabs of sandstone form a pathway to the front door with its leadlight panel. The expansive open plan living area features a decorative cornice, polished timber flooring and LED downlighting throughout. Showcasing vast lengths of black stone benchtop, the huge modern kitchen is a standout and is equipped with a 900 mm gas cooktop, St. George stainless steel oven, a dishwasher, three-door pantry and a wine rack. The dining area easily accommodates the largest setting, while a sliding door opens to the sheltered, north facing, paved entertaining area.
In the generously proportioned lounge, full length, timber-framed windows overlook the garden and are furnished with quality drapes. Ducted reverse cycle, split system air conditioning with two zones ensures comfort. Twelve solar panels offset energy use, assisted by solar hot water.
The oversized second bedroom is fitted with a long wall of built-in robes, the third bedroom a modern robe, while both of these have timber framed sash windows. They are served by the main bathroom which features marble tiling and a rain shower fitting. A surprise is in store in the luxurious size of the master bedroom, which offers a walk-in robe, study nook, an ensuite and a double glazed, sliding door to the rear deck.
A further discovery lies at the end of the hallway in a large adults’ retreat, featuring a corner spa, which takes in a private garden view through a sliding door, opening onto its own deck! This space may also hold potential to be converted to an additional bedroom.
There is almost as much to uncover in the garden, where creative energy has established a haven of self-sufficiency and harmony. A raised veggie bed which runs for over 16 metres, can supply most of what is required, while a great variety of abundant fruit trees are dotted around, including nectarine, truffle infused hazelnut, peach, plum, apricot, cherry, apple, lemon, fig, pear and pomegranate. A circular bed in the native front garden forms a yin and yang symbol, the centrepiece a three-tiered teardrop featuring a distinctive weeping wattle. Four water tanks with a total capacity of 15,000 litres support this well mulched and surprisingly low maintenance garden.
A single garage that includes two rooms at the rear for storage or workshop and secure off-street parking behind a remote roller door offer ample space. Connected to the garage is a large covered area on a concrete floor that opens up to the rear garden, for relaxing or entertaining.
The friendly neighbourhood is in an enviable, convenient location, close to the light rail, Saturday Farmers’ Markets and just a stroll to Downer and Watson shops. Just as close is the vibrant Dickson centre for shopping, restaurants, gyms and the local swimming pool. Recreation facilities close by include netball, archery, hockey, volleyball, golf and tennis just to name a few, while many sought after schools are within easy reach.
Offering space, comfort, individuality and sustainability, a home to nurture its family.
– Extended home on a block of approx. 773 m2 close to light rail, Downer and Dickson shops
– Spacious open plan living offers huge modern kitchen, polished flooring and LED downlighting
– Kitchen features vast black stone benchtops, 900 mm gas cooktop, stainless steel oven, dishwasher
– Door from large dining area opens onto a private, north facing, paved entertaining area
– Generously proportioned lounge features full length timber windows overlooking native garden
– Ducted reverse cycle split system air conditioning, with two zones
– Twelve solar panels and a solar hot water system
– Enormous master bedroom offers a walk-in robe, ensuite with new vanity and a study nook
– Double glazed, sliding door from master onto rear deck
– Second bedroom is oversized with a wall of built-in robes while bedroom three has a new built-in
– Main bathroom features marble tiling and a rain shower fitting
– Large spa bathroom situated at the end of the hallway, with garden view and door to deck
– Creative landscaping has established a 16 metre raised veggie bed and feature rock garden beds
– Safely enclosed rear garden offers many abundant fruit trees, strawberries, raspberries and herbs
– Nectarine, peach, plum, apricot, cherry, fig, lemon, apple, pear and pomegranate
– Four water tanks contain a total of 15,000 litres to serve the low maintenance gardens
– Garage, secure parking behind a remote roller door and 2 lock up sheds behind garage
– Large covered area for outdoor entertaining
– Superb location, stroll to Farmers’ Markets, coffee at Downer, Dickson restaurants and shopping
– Golf, tennis, netball and swimming facilities close by and in-area for many sought after schools
Rates: $3,582.00 approximately
UV: $ 554,000 approximately