Straight out of Better Homes and Gardens – enjoy the art of living in this unique and captivating residence!
69 Piddington Street – Lifestyle choice, bush location and food producing garden!
Please call Jenny or Michael for a private viewing
On nature’s doorstep yet only minutes to the city centre is this environmentally friendly and energy efficient extended and renovated three bedroom ensuite home unlike no other, with its unique character and surrounds providing you with an absolute haven to enjoy all year round. Tucked away in tree lined Piddington Street and backing onto the Watson reserve, you won’t find a better location or block with approx. 1100 sqm to savour. Designed to bring warmth, enjoyment, tranquility and a sustainable lifestyle choice this intriguing piece of real estate does exactly that with its wonderful blend of indoor and outdoor living providing unlimited pleasure.
Upon arriving you will be instantly taken with the street presence and leafy surrounds, a wide timber walkway leads you to the front door under the coolness of the evergreen palms and leafy trees. Upon entering you will be captivated with the generous spaces, unique design, inspiring feel and overall charm of this impressive home where you can escape to your own private and peaceful sanctuary. To the front of the home is a beautiful and unique living area that has been designed for enjoyment on any given day with its hydronic heated polished concrete floors, beautiful use of Canberra red timber, built in day bed, lovely fireplace and higher ceilings all creating a wonderful ambiance. From here we move into the combined kitchen/family/meals area where you can cook up a storm in the large kitchen that boasts stainless steel benches, a five burner gas cook top and abundant storage. The spacious family room provides for large gatherings and flows directly out onto the wonderful deck and multiple sitting areas, making indoor/outdoor entertaining easy.
Other wonderful additions include ducted gas heating, evaporative cooling, Crimsafe external doors, LED lights throughout, built in robes to two bedrooms, quality bathroom and ensuite, double glazed windows throughout plus insulation in to the ceilings and walls.
Now to the garden itself! Created over many years this amazing food producing habitat and kitchen garden will delight. Based on permaculture principles whilst adapting to the changing Canberra climate this extensive urban garden has been a labour of love and meticulously designed to provide an abundance of food to enjoy throughout the year. Some of the myriad of plantings include: apples, plums, peaches, apricots, limes, lemons and a Genoa fig along with many other seasonal veggies that are planted in the terrific established garden beds. The garden also has plantings for birds and pollinators as well as a dry creek bed habitat garden.
Step through the back gate where a world of possibilities are on offer with space for the kids to kick a footy, to the right you can take the path to Mount Majura nature reserve where as a left turn will give you an easy stroll down to the bustling Saturday Farmer’s markets and a great choice of events that EPIC has to offer. You are also in walking distance of a great choice of local schools, Australian Catholic University, the bustling Watson shopping centre and public transport. This lovely residence and wonderful gardens surrounds must be seen to be appreciated!
– Unique renovated and extended home backing onto the Watson reserve
– Three bedrooms (originally four – can be converted back) plus ensuite home
– Designed to create a warm and inviting residence and sustainable lifestyle choice
– Enviromentaly friendly and energy efficient
– Glorious aspect with abundant light and delightful outlook
– Wonderful combination of extensive indoor and outdoor living
– Tranquil private setting and beautiful 1100m² approx. block with abundant plantings. The garden also has plantings for birds and pollinators as well as a dry creek bed habitat garden
– Terrific spacious kitchen with stainless steel tops, abundant storage and quality appliances
– Double glazed windows throughout
– Full insulation to the ceilings and walls
– Ducted gas heating and ducted evaporative cooling
– Lopi fireplace to the living – vented to the family room
– In-floor hydronic heating to the living room
– Built in robes to two bedrooms
– LED lights throughout
– Crimsafe external doors
– New concrete roof (2003)
– Large carport and garage with remote control door
– Three water tanks
– Chook run
– Just a short walk to the Majura pond
– Farmers market held at Epic each Saturday morning, just a short walk away
– Close to a great choice of schools, the Catholic University and the thriving local shops, restaurants and cafes
– Public transport close by including the new light rail
– Just minutes from the City Centre
– One of Watson’s finest homes – must be seen to be appreciated
– Strictly by appointment only
Land Rates: $3,889 p/a (approx.)
Land Value: $636,000