Iconic Northbourne Lodge!
Since 1961, the well-known and successful Northbourne Lodge has been continuously operating as Guest House accommodation.
Providing friendly, short-term Bed and Breakfast accommodation over the decades, repeat clients were always welcomed back.
Freshly decorated in 2022, and well presented, the established bed and breakfast, on a block of approximately 832 m2, is situated in the perfect location to refresh the tired traveller, on Northbourne Avenue and within a short walk of Dickson coffee shops, restaurants and a light rail stop!
The character filled, mid-century building of double brick construction, offers spacious, fully furnished, light filled rooms with an old world atmosphere and provides multiple sitting rooms, plus 7 bedrooms and 7 ensuites.
This is perfect to continue in its current capacity, or also ideal as a comfortable family residence offering space and options for the larger, blended or multi-generational family in the perfect location so close to Dickson!
The owners are retiring and reluctantly selling this business.
Bedrooms have been decorated in neutral white, with polished flooring on the lower level, carpet in excellent condition on the upper level, and all bedrooms offer an ensuite bathroom.
The lounge features newly polished flooring, a reverse cycle air conditioner and ceiling fan.
Along the hallway the kitchen offers an electric stove, microwave, fridge, bench space, a double sink and a washing machine.
A rear door provides general access to the garden and three paved entertaining areas, spread out around the neatly landscaped garden.
Ducted gas heating maintains warmth on the lower level, while ducted evaporative cooling is installed on the upper level.
High ceilings are a standout feature on the light and airy upper level which offers accommodation in four generous bedrooms.
Bedroom four on the upper level has a door to a private terrace with an outlook over Northbourne Avenue and golf course, while the largest, bedroom seven, faces north and has three wide windows with a garden outlook, an adjacent bathroom with an additional powder room.
The large, level rear garden would allow for additional off street parking if needed, although there is ample parking along the Northbourne Avenue side street.
Coffee, a fantastic choice of restaurants and cuisines, and all other major facilities in the Dickson hub, are only a short walk, together with the swimming pool, sports grounds and Yowani golf course.
Light rail provides a smooth rapid trip into the City centre or Gungahlin Market Place.
This unique building in a prime location, is fully furnished and ready to provide an enjoyable place to stay for a large family or may welcome guests.
– Freshly decorated, well presented, double storey, established bed and breakfast hotel
– Double brick construction
– 832 m2 block, only short walk to coffee shops, restaurants, all facilities and light rail in Dickson hub
– Ideal location for tourists, on Northbourne Avenue and close to coffee shops and restaurants
– Mid-century building offers “old world” character and fresh presentation throughout
– Fully furnished and ready for business start up
– Seven bedrooms, all with ensuites, including a two-room suite on both entry and upper level
– Generous lounge, adjacent to entry, has reverse cycle air conditioner and ceiling fan
– Separate kitchen offers a stove, microwave, fridge, double sink, bench space and washing machine
– Polished solid timber flooring on entry level, with clean carpet in excellent condition on upper level
– Ducted gas heating on entry level and ducted evaporative cooling on upper level
– Fresh white décor in all bedrooms, which feature large windows for plenty of natural light
– Three spacious bedrooms on entry level
– Powder room on each level
– Four generous bedrooms on upper level, all featuring high ceilings, adding to old world charm
– Level rear garden neatly landscaped, with three separate paved sitting areas
– Parking on Northbourne Avenue side street, in front of building, with more
secure parking at rear
– Light rail stop for rapid trip into City centre or Gungahlin town centre
– Outlook over ovals and Yowani golf course situated across the road
UV: $595,000 approx
Rates: $3,934.12 approx