Magnificent residence of grand proportions
Perched in an elevated exclusive dress circle location in Chapman is this stunning residence, showcasing commanding panoramic views to the city, Black Mountain and beyond as far as the eye can see, and positioned only metres away from the Cooleman Ridge Nature Reserve and Centenary Trail.
The huge home (533m² of living space) sits on a 1,797m² block – it is rare to come across properties of this size. It was designer-rebuilt after the Canberra fires to specifications that will meet the highest expectations, with clean lines and quality fixtures and fittings that remain aesthetically pleasing and modern. The gardens have been extensively landscaped with gorgeous established plants including fruit trees and stunning Japanese maples. Every room and space in this property is of grand proportions, offering a most comfortable home for multi-generational families over two levels.
The entry is off the long balcony on the top level, which has been designed to maximise the outstanding views. This level comprises formidable living spaces including the formal lounge room, separate dining room, meals area and an expansive rumpus room. The huge kitchen is a dream for the home chef – it overlooks the meals area and has abundant cabinetry, stone benchtops and a breakfast bar, 5-burner gas stove and spacious walk-in pantry with loads more storage. Also on this level are four super-spacious bedrooms. The main bedroom has an ensuite and dual wardrobe while the other three bedrooms are serviced by the well-appointed main bathroom with free standing bathtub. Access to the outdoor covered and paved entertainment area is through the bifold doors that open up the length of the rumpus room. The indoor/outdoor flow is superb and totally aimed at alfresco entertaining, with the salt-water solar-heated pool and pizza oven leaving nothing to be desired! The laundry is also conveniently located on this level plus an additional bathroom which is ideal when using the pool.
The bottom level is just as impressive – it comprises an open study area, a storeroom/utility room, huge cellar and the 6-car garage. The self-contained accommodation includes a large open-plan living area, generous and well-equipped kitchen, a spacious bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and bathroom, an outdoor entertaining space and external access.
A rare offering, this complete family home is in a class of its own.
– Dress-circle location with sensational panoramic views
– Located only metres from the Cooleman Ridge nature reserve
– Grand proportions, contemporary design, quality fixtures and fittings
– Multiple living zones, for formal and informal living
– Superb chef’s kitchen
– Four bedrooms upstairs plus one-bedroom self-contained accommodation downstairs
– Underfloor heating upstairs, plus ducted heating and reverse-cycle cooling
– Beautifully landscaped gardens
– Plenty of yard space at the front and rear of the home
– Covered and paved outdoor entertaining area including pizza oven
– Salt-water solar-heated pool
– 6-car garage with internal access plus abundant off-street parking
– Rental appraisal of $1,700 to $2,000 per week
Land Size: 1,797m2
Living Size: 533m2 (approx.)
Garage Size: 134m2 (approx.)
Land Rates: $6,007 p.a (approx.)
Land Value: $893,000 (approx.)