Everything for the family - space, style and comfort, superb outdoor living and fantastic location!
On a huge block of over 1,000 sq.m., situated in an outstanding, peaceful cul-de-sac location leading to a bushland reserve, this tastefully renovated and extended home offers generous living space with separate areas, in an ideal layout for the family, a stunning entertaining deck, five bedrooms and three bathrooms.
Recently rendered to deliver a fresh look, the impressive contemporary façade also features the warmth of timber in the oversized front and garage doors.
Quality new carpet is laid over the stairway to the main level, the teen retreat and formal lounge.
The generous lounge is kept cosy with a slow combustion fireplace and gas wall heater, and there is ducted evaporative cooling. Most windows and doors have been double glazed. The light filled dining room offers elevated views over the treetops to the Brindabellas.
The updated kitchen features striking subway tiles, electric appliances, breakfast bar, huge pantry plus a practical servery window, for ease of entertaining when family and guests gather. The kitchen and family room overlook the entertaining deck and beautifully landscaped rear garden.
Attractive, easy care flooring extends from the dining through the kitchen and family area, which opens onto the deck.
The vast Cypress entertaining deck, with a new roof, is a standout feature and overlooks the garden which offers a grassy games area, many thriving fruit trees, a cubby/shed and pond. It will comfortably accommodate gatherings of any number, and the north-east aspect ensures year round enjoyment. Alongside is a grapevine covered pergola sheltering an extensive paved area.
A fabulous teen retreat leads to three of the secondary bedrooms, all offering built-in robes, new carpet and ceiling fans, which are fitted in all bedrooms.
The luxuriously sized master suite features a walk-through robe and updated ensuite, while a fifth spacious bedroom also has a built-in robe. The renovated main bathroom offers a bath and shower.
On the entry level, a roomy rumpus leads to an ensuite bathroom and a big store room. There is internal access to the enormous garage, fitted with an auto panel lift door. This could accommodate four smaller cars or allow for two large vehicles, with generous workshop and storage space at the rear.
On the opposite side of the home is a double carport with gates allowing access to the garden, and there is off-street parking for another three vehicles.
The bushland reserve at the top of the cul-de-sac extends across the suburb with many nature trails.
The peaceful location is brilliant for the family, only a short walk to the new Giralang shops and primary school, close to Kaleen shops, primary and high schools, and few minutes’ drive to Belconnen Mall, University of Canberra and North Canberra Hospital.
• Tastefully renovated and extended home offers generous living space with separate areas, in an ideal layout for the family, outstanding entertaining space, five bedrooms, three bathrooms and a downstairs rumpus
• Excellent, peaceful cul-de-sac location, leading to bushland reserve
• Impressive, contemporary street appeal
• Large formal lounge features quality new carpet, also laid in adjacent teen retreat and three of the five bedrooms
• Gas wall heater and a slow combustion fireplace in lounge, and ducted evaporative cooling throughout
• Double glazing to most windows and doors, excepting only kitchen and bathroom
• North facing dining room offers elevated treetop views to Brindabellas
• Renovated kitchen features eye catching subway tiles, electric cooktop, oven and grill, Smeg dishwasher, bench space with breakfast bar, practical kitchen servery window, and huge pantry
• Family room opens onto stunning, vast Cypress entertaining deck with a new roof
• Generously sized master bedroom offers a walk-through robe and updated ensuite
• Four secondary bedrooms feature built-in robes, with modern ceiling fans to all bedrooms
• Main bathroom is renovated and offers a bath and shower
• Updated laundry has storage and opens to deck
• Downstairs on entry level is a spacious rumpus with an ensuite bathroom and a store room
• Understairs “mud room” or storage area
• Internal access to huge garage with auto panel lift door and workshop space at the rear
• Double carport on opposite side of home and additional off street parking for three vehicles
• Beautifully landscaped rear garden offers a grassy sports area, a cubby/shed, pond and variety of fruit trees including apple, pear, plum, apricot, fig, mulberry and raspberries, blackberries and grapes
• Second entertaining area under a grapevine covered pergola, alongside the deck
• Superb location, steps from walking trails on reserve and short walk to new Giralang shops and school, and close to Kaleen shops, high school and primary schools, and club at Kaleen
• Short drive to Gungahlin town centre, University of Canberra and North Canberra Hospital
UV: $ 642,000
Rates: $ 3551,000 (approximately)