Classic Inner North Residence
Are you wanting to reside in the Inner North and be close to all this area has to offer but don’t want to live in an apartment or townhouse with ever rising body corporate fees and lack of privacy? Then your search could be over.
This two storey solid brick home designed in the 1950s, and set on a 480m² parcel of land just oozes the old world charm of Canberra and its rich history. Double brick construction and a 2.5 star EER further enhances the look and feel of the home.
The first thing that you notice upon arriving at the home, is the superb street appeal that is accentuated by the northerly aspect, and the canopy of mature oak trees that line the street. Once inside the home your eyes immediately are drawn to the solid Tasmanian Oak flooring in the main living area. The truly welcoming and warming feeling is further enhanced by the Burning Log fireplace in the living area.
A neat and tidy kitchen looks out over the rear gardens and adjoins a separate meals area. The dining area in the main living room provides access to a fully covered outside entertaining area, which is perfect for entertaining friends and family or could be further enclosed to provide extra living area if you have children.
Sleeping quarters are provided for with three good sized bedrooms on the top floor, all serviced by a fully tiled bathroom. New quality carpet has recently been installed throughout the upper level and the home has been freshly repainted both inside and out.
Car accommodation consists of a two car carport with enormous workshop attached that could double as a hobby room or home office. If more vehicle parking is required, then off the side of the home there is another double carport, incorporating attractive brick walls and rustic steel gates to the driveway.
Lifestyle and future capital gain is what living in Dickson has to offer. This Inner North suburb is absolutely booming and homes rarely come on the market. You will find apartments and townhouses more numerous, but if you are looking for more privacy and not having to pay ever rising body corporate fees then this home could just fit the bill.
The Dickson Shopping precinct with it’s many cafes and restaurants, not too mention the very popular Tradesman’s Club and excellent shopping services, are a short stroll away. Cooling off in the summer is a breeze as you have only a 5 minute walk to the Dickson Swimming Pool for that morning fitness swim then coffee at the ever popular Edgar’s Bistro in the iconic Ainslie Shops.
High quality schools both public and private are close at hand including two colleges and two primary schools, with public transport by bus to the City or Russell Defence Offices and the new light rail system
to Canberra City and Gungahlin are only a 5 to 10 minute walk away.
Don’t let this superb opportunity to acquire the Inner North lifestyle and all it has to offer slip through your fingers, be early to inspect you won’t be disappointed.
– Fantastic opportunity to move into the booming Inner North and all it has to offer
– Charming three bedroom family home boasting outstanding street appeal
– Situated in a quiet oak tree lined street with Northerly aspect
– Polished solid Tasmanian Hardwood flooring in main living area
– Slow combustion Burning Log fireplace in living area
– Three good sized bedrooms
– Downstairs toilet, and fully tiled main bathroom on the top level
– Kitchen with separate meals area
– Covered entertaining area off the dining room, could be enclosed for extra living space
– The home has just been newly repainted inside and out
– New quality carpet fitted to stairs and upstairs bedrooms
– Large double carport with spacious workshop or hobby room at rear of the property
– Extra double carport on side of the home enhanced by brick walled security gates
– Bus public transport close at hand, with the new light rail system a 10 minute walk away
– Quality schools both public and private are a short stroll from the home
– Close to the booming Dickson Shopping Precinct and award winning restaurants
– Attractive low-maintenance gardens
– Outstanding lifestyle and investment potential
Land Size: 480m² (approx.)
Unimproved Value: $526,000 (2017)
Rates: $2,987 pa (approx.)