A location and views sure to inspire - Solid family home, close to O'Connor hub & short trip into City!
Positioned on the high side of Cockle Street in the heights of O’Connor, on a block of approximately 727 m², this double brick home takes in the tranquil views towards Mt. Ainslie and Mt. Majura. Built in 1960, this much loved family home was updated in the 1980’s, creating a sunroom which encloses much of the extensive area of the elevated front terrace. Designed to catch the morning sunlight, this is an inviting spot to relax while enjoying the private outlook over the treetops to Mt. Ainslie. Cockle Street is lined with striking eucalyptus, adding to the appeal.
To the left of the wide and welcoming entry, double glass doors open into the spacious lounge. Full length windows and glass doors into the sunroom frame the views. Ornate cornices decorate the entry, living areas and bedrooms. A Panasonic reverse cycle air conditioner is installed in the lounge, adjacent to the separate dining room. The kitchen features granite benchtops, with an abundance of cupboards, including pantry. There is a separate laundry with access to the rear garden.
To the right of the entry, the huge master bedroom offers a lovely outlook and a long wall of built-in robes. The other bedrooms each have built-in robes
Presented in excellent condition, the bathroom features a bath, separate shower with a flexible fitting and a pedestal basin and there is a separate w/c.
Gardens around the home are planted with a profusion of azaleas and thriving rhododendrons in the front, and many camellias right around, all promising a spectacular spring display. A charming, circular paved entertaining area with a backdrop of ferns, forms a focal point and overlooks the private, gently sloping rear garden. This is safely enclosed and there is parking at the side of the home for an additional vehicle and trailer.
The garage under the house includes a workbench and is fitted with an automatic door. There is access to extensive under-house storage which was previously used as a wine cellar.
The elevated and quiet location in this central suburb, presents an outstanding opportunity. This solidly built family home takes advantage of the serene views, but also offers the possibility of extension. Whatever the vision of the new owners, the premium location in the heights of this sought after, inner north suburb, offers boundless potential.
Benefit from being ‘in area’ for a selection of highly regarded schools; preschool, primary and college. It is a stroll down to the social hub of O’Connor shops, or to nearby bush reserve on the slopes of Black Mountain and only a short distance into the City, the Australian National University, CSIRO and Calvary Hospital.
This well-kept home, amidst lovely gardens, is a pleasure to inspect and the superb location is sure to fire your creativity!
– Double brick, three bedroom home on elevated block of (approx.) 727 m2, on high side of street
– Attractive street lined with graceful eucalyptus trees, winds upwards towards the top of suburb
– Views from the peaceful location on the slopes of Black Mountain, close to reserve
– Very large, elevated front terrace, (now enclosed as a sunroom) has private outlook to Mt. Ainslie
– Views may be also enjoyed from the spacious living room and huge master bedroom
– Ornate cornices decorate the entry, living areas and bedrooms
– Panasonic reverse cycle air conditioner in living room, adjacent to separate dining room
– Functional kitchen was renovated in 1980’s with granite benchtops
– The bathroom offers a bath, separate shower and a separate w/c
– Spacious bedrooms all have built-in robes, the master having a long wall of robe space
– Sunroom has cat-flap access from lounge room and from sunroom to the outside
– Inviting circular, paved entertaining area sheltered by a mature shade tree, ferns & private garden
– Richly planted gardens benefit from mature shade trees and highlights are the numerous azaleas, camellias, rhododendron and hellebores. Hundreds of spring bulbs are emerging from the ground already
– Garage under the home offers a workbench, an auto door & extensive under-house storage
– Parking at the side of the home for an additional vehicle and trailer
– Many excellent schools are in the area
– Prime location, stroll to O’Connor hub and short distance to City centre, ANU or Calvary Hospital
– Short walk to bush reserve on the slopes of Black Mountain
Land Rates: $3563.94 per annum (approx.)
Unimproved land value: $654,000