Stylish update and great entertaining, in superb location close to the tram, shops and schools!
Situated in wide, tree lined Phillip Avenue, just a short walk from a light rail stop, this privately built home has been renovated with style to a high standard, while preserving the 1960’s character. North facing, the home presents an appealing, rendered façade, complemented by attractive, easy care gardens, sheltered by claret ash.
Sunny and private, the wide front courtyard offers a welcoming first impression, while the front door opens to reveal the high ceilings and ambience of earlier times. Beautiful Tasmanian oak flooring extends from the entry through to the formal dining and family room, hallway and bedrooms.
The richly decorated, open plan formal living and dining area is the highlight, the sunken lounge warmed by a cosy gas log fire, while the ornate cornices, downlights and Roman blinds add to the opulent feel. A sliding door opens to the front courtyard garden, great for entertaining and the perfect spot for a morning coffee.
Displaying quality throughout, the updated kitchen features LED downlighting, a Kleenmaid stainless steel double oven and glass induction cooktop, a double drawer Fisher and Paykel dishwasher and a plumbed-in Samsung refrigerator. Bench space is generous and there are twin pantries, glass display cabinets and a charming, bay garden window. The family room includes a study nook, while double-glazed sliding doors open onto a huge garden courtyard, the perfect venue for gatherings on any scale.
Hardwood flooring continues to the bedrooms. The second is fitted with an air conditioner, a built-in robe and cupboards, while rich velvet curtains frame timber windows which capture the north aspect. The third bedroom is currently fitted out as an office, with extensive built-in desks and storage, and also features a sunny bay window and a ceiling fan.
A surprise is in store when discovering the luxurious master bedroom, equipped with an air conditioner and two massive walk-in robes. Custom drapes and pelmet furnish a sliding door, opening onto the entertaining courtyard, and in a step or two, you can be immersed in the soothing warmth of the spa! An impressive new pergola covers the spa and entertaining space, which is decorated with a modern water feature, handcrafted wall panels and potted plants.
Downlights and a vibrant colour scheme bring a sparkle to the swish bathroom which offers a deep bath, frameless shower and even a fold-away massage table. The enormous laundry provides a large amount of bench space and storage.
The double garage has internal access and one of the doors is fitted with an auto function, while storage areas with power points line one wall, which have been used for cat breeding. There is a handy sink & bench top.
It would be hard to find a home with more entertaining space or less garden maintenance! A home offering style and comfort in a superb location, just a stroll from light rail, shops and schools.
– Updated, privately built home situated in a wide street, a short walk from light rail, shops, schools
– Open plan lounge / dining, with split level to lounge, opening onto sunny front entertaining space
– Feature gas log fire in richly decorated lounge, downlighting, Roman blinds and ceiling fan
– Eye catching Tasmanian Oak flooring extends from entry to dining, family, hallway and bedrooms
– Quality renovation of kitchen; stainless steel double oven, double drawer dishwasher and a fridge
– Feature garden window, ample area of bench space and glass display cabinets
– Family room has double glazed door to huge entertaining area, with pergola, water feature and spa
– Stylish renovation of large bathroom which offers a deep bath, frameless shower and downlighting
– Huge modern laundry with large area of bench space and cupboards
– Rinnai instantaneous hot water
– Insulation in ceiling and walls
– Air conditioners in master bedroom and second bedroom
– Extensive solar panel array
– Luxurious master bedroom offers 2 large walk-in robes and sliding door to outdoor spa
– Second bedroom equipped with built-in robe, cupboards and timber windows
– Third bedroom fitted out as an office, with built-in desks, storage, ceiling fan and a bay window
– Crimsafe screens to front and back, and a security system
– Spa pool operates with a silver-based cleansing system
– Barbeque, as well as a number of potted plants in rear entertaining area, are included
– Double garage has internal access, 1 auto door, sink with bench space, storage areas with power
– Low maintenance front garden, while entertaining area extends the entire area at rear of home
Rates: $3,378.94 approximately