Lots of light and a sense of serenity, extensive entertaining, hobby studio – in a great location!
Set amidst beautifully landscaped gardens, in a peaceful inner north location, this inviting home has been tastefully updated and is ready to enjoy. Crepe myrtles and azaleas create a splash of colour through the mature gardens and line the driveway to the entry.
A high pergola at the front of the home shelters a north facing sitting area, adjacent to steps leading up to the covered entry. This opens into the spacious living room, where full length windows and raked ceiling enhance the restful sense of space and light.
One of the outstanding elements of this well designed 1960’s home, the raked ceilings feature throughout and together with skylights, leave the memorable impression of a home bathed in light. Quality, New Zealand pure wool carpet extends through lounge, hallway and bedrooms and ducted gas heating is installed.
Living area has an open plan flow and from the dining room sliding doors open to a deck. The kitchen is an inviting space and has been updated with ash cabinet doors and a moveable island bench, offering generous cupboard and bench space, a pantry, circular sinks and a dishwasher. A laundry fitted with storage is accessible from the deck.
The master and second bedroom face north, while all three feature built-in robes and take in a garden outlook. Updated with the warmth of cedar panelling, the large bathroom offers a bath, shower and tastic.
A private view over the garden can be enjoyed from the rear deck and fantastic large, paved entertaining area, sheltered by a covered pergola and featuring a brick barbeque equipped with mains gas. There is also a gazebo enclosed with shade cloth, veggie patch and a lemon tree.
Offering the perfect spot for kids, teens and hobbies, a comfortable studio or rumpus room opens from the deck. There is a garage, fitted with shelving and also a double carport. The superbly landscaped gardens are designed to be easy care, with extensive areas of neat paving and are served by two water tanks.
The location offers leafy streetscapes and is just a stroll to coffee at the delightful Gang Gang café. Dickson restaurants and a light rail stop, Farmers’ Markets and Watson shops, as well as sought after local schools, pool and many sporting facilities, are all within easy reach. A smooth and rapid trip into the City can be enjoyed on the cycle paths or from the light rail stop at the end of nearby Phillip Avenue.
This comfortable and immaculately presented home will appeal on so many levels, offering extensive outdoor living areas and lovely gardens, all in a fantastic inner north location!
– Updated, north facing, privately built 1960’s home, in a peaceful location
– Picturesque gardens with crepe myrtle and Japanese maple, frame the house
– Raked ceilings feature throughout, and skylights, enhancing the sense of space and light
– Open plan living areas
– New Zealand pure wool carpet extends through living room, hallway and bedrooms
– Ducted gas heating
– The lovely kitchen features ash cabinetry, a moveable island bench, pantry and dishwasher
– Bedrooms all offer built-in robes, slimline venetians and garden views
– The bathroom showcases rich cedar panelling, a bath, shower and tastic
– Extensive paved entertaining areas in rear garden, at the front of the home and a rear deck
– Rear entertaining area offers a built-in barbeque with the convenience of mains gas
– Gazebo, enclosed with shade cloth
– The studio or rumpus room is accessed from the covered rear deck
– Awnings on front windows
– Garage fitted with shelving
– Double carport has lock-up storage at the rear
– Mature and well landscaped gardens are enclosed with Colorbond fencing and equipped with two water tanks
– Short walk to cafés at Downer or Watson shops
– Australian Catholic University and Dickson College are a mere stroll away
– Dickson shopping precinct, light rail stop, Farmers’ markets, and wide selection of schools are close by
Rates: $ 3,567.00 approximately
UV: $590,000 approximately
In response to the restrictions that have been put in place surrounding the Covid-19 outbreak, Luton Properties will be taking buyers through homes by prior appointment only and on an individual basis. If you would like to arrange a time to look through this home, please contact the Agent.