'Space 2" terrace house, City residence, designed for elegant living and entertaining, moments from the light rail!
Space: The Residence is prominently featured in the iconic publication ‘100 Canberra Houses – A Century of Capital Architecture’ by authors Tim Reeve and Alan Roberts.
The prime location, in a wide tree lined street parallel to Canberra’s main arterial way Northbourne Avenue, is close to the City centre, the Australian National University, CSIRO and Braddon restaurants.
This tri level terrace house is of generous proportions and offers 172m2 (approx.) of living, a huge 48m2 (approx.) ground floor garage with internal access plus an entrance courtyard and multiple entertainment balconies.
Carpeted stairs lead to the level on which the impressive open plan living areas are laid out, high ceilings enhancing the spacious feel. The contemporary kitchen features a vast, stone island bench with integrated Miele dishwasher, a stainless steel benchtop with glass splashback, Smeg gas cooktop, stainless steel oven and microwave. Deep drawers and pantry have a gloss finish.
The kitchen opens onto an east facing balcony, fitted with a vertical Vergola, perfect for a morning coffee. Flowing on from the kitchen, the dining area offers generous space for elegant entertaining.
With a serene outlook to the canopy of the oak tree, the spacious, light filled lounge has a restful ambience. Double glazed sliding doors open onto a large entertaining terrace, where you can relax with your guests, while enjoying the exceptional peace and privacy that the property has to offer. Above, the soaring cantilever roof adds interest.
Light from celestial windows pours into the void over the staircase to the uppermost level, creating an ethereal sense. The master and second bedroom are situated on opposite sides with a luxurious bathroom in the centre. This features a bath, stone vanity top and full height tiling. The huge second bedroom offers a wall of quality built-in robes and opens to a private balcony.
The palatial master suite offers a sitting area and features a wide window framing a private outlook into the treetops. A luxuriously proportioned ensuite features a frameless shower screen and stone vanity, while a long wall of built-in robes offers generous storage.
The ducted reverse cycle system has independent controls on living and bedroom levels.
There is internal access to the wide, two car garage which is also light and bright and is equipped with an auto door. There is ample storage to one side and under stairs.
The prime location in a wide, tree lined street, is close to the City centre, the Australian National University, CSIRO and Braddon restaurants. A light rail stop mere moments away, will soon be opened. Few town residences offer the luxurious proportions and quality of build to be enjoyed here. A rare opportunity to enjoy the ultimate City lifestyle!
– Premium, architect designed town residence, of quality construction, in prestigious “Space2”
– Prime location, in peaceful street, lined with magnificent oak trees, close to the City CBD
– Light rail stop approximately 50 metres away on Northbourne Avenue
– Striking and contemporary façade has soaring cantilevered roof
– Impressively proportioned, open plan living areas feature high ceilings and flow through to terraces
– Stunning kitchen features expansive, stone island bench and stainless steel, Smeg appliances
– Private outlook to branches of majestic oak from lounge, generous entertaining terrace & master
– Oversized bedrooms, with luxuriously proportioned master, ensuite & main bathroom
– Quality pure wool carpet on accommodation level
– Large amount of storage, with master & second bedroom each having a long wall of built-in robes
– Bedroom 3/study situated on entry level, adjacent to a powder room and separate shower
– Reverse cycle air conditioning has independent controls on both living and accommodation levels
– Double glazing throughout
– External walls have double brick construction, ensuring peace and privacy
– Welcoming entrance with video intercom
– Security system
– Internal access to bright, oversized 2 car garage with storage space to one side & under staircase
– Short distance to City Central Business District, Australian National University, Braddon eateries
– A light rail stop is virtually at the back door!
Rates: $1663.39 per annum (approx.)
Body Corporate: $1,518.14 per quarter (approx.)