Bright and welcoming home, radiating warmth and comfort – with a few surprises!
In a wide, peaceful street close to the Jamison Centre and primary school, this inviting home offers separate living areas, generous entertaining space and large bedrooms. Positioned on the high side, amidst lush plantings under the shade of a beautiful deciduous tree, the home stands out for its street appeal.
The welcoming entry opens to the striking, light filled lounge and dining, a highlight of the home, which has been extended to take in the north-east aspect and elevated outlook to treetops through full length windows. Tiles by the windows absorb heat from the winter sun and help to keep the room cool in summer.
Light streams into the spacious kitchen from a garden window, which features glass splashback all around, gas cooktop, a stainless steel oven, two full length pantries and generous bench space.
Water conservation is a feature of the house. There is a tap to divert water from the kitchen sink to the garden and water is also captured from the laundry and bath for plants in the garden. Rain water flowing down the gutters is diverted to vegetable beds and water collected from the roof is stored in a tank.
Adjacent, the north facing family room opens onto the generous entertaining deck and also to a segregated fourth bedroom, with a built-in robe and ensuite. Quality carpet extends through the lounge, family room and all bedrooms, and there is ducted gas heating.
The front bedrooms have a leafy restful outlook and the master offers a large mirror robe and ceiling fan. All bedrooms are spacious and fitted with built-in robes, while the third has a sliding door to the rear deck. Offering a touch of luxury, the main bathroom has been updated with glass bricks, a skylight and includes a bidet. Storage is ample with two walk-in linen presses.
The home wraps around the expansive covered entertaining deck, accessed from the family room, laundry and third bedroom. Grape vines are woven through the pergola, yielding white, red and heritage varieties, adding to the inviting feel of this private outdoor living area overlooking the garden. Planted with an amazing variety of fruit trees, the garden is a haven of self-sufficiency! Delights include nectarines, apricots, plums, persimmon, apples, Nashi pear, grapes, pomegranate, mandarin, oranges and fig, as well as herbs and a raised veggie bed. The trees are well composted and mulched, while recycled water has met their requirement and there is also a water tank. A well organised workshop and garage includes a shadow board and shelving.
Within a short walk of Macquarie primary and convenient to the Jamison Centre, many other schools and offices, markets, Bunnings, Belconnen Mall, Lake Ginninderra, Calvary Hospital, UC and the AIS, this is a brilliant location for any family! Ready to move into, this much loved home has an easy flow of living to fantastic outdoor space, with its nurturing garden.
– Extended, updated home offering separate, light filled living areas, including striking formal living
– Street appeal with an attractive shade tree the centrepiece of the hardy, well mulched garden
– Spacious kitchen features garden window, skylight, gas cook top and stainless steel oven
– Ample area of bench space, two good sized pantries and tap under sink to divert water to irrigation
– Family room opens to entertaining deck, and to fourth bedroom with built-in robe and ensuite
– Quality carpet through lounge, family room and all bedrooms
– Ducted gas heating
– Infinity hot water
– Spacious main bathroom updated with glass bricks above the bath, a bidet, tastic and skylight
– Two walk-in linen presses and built-in robes in all four generous bedrooms
– Third bedroom links to the deck via a sliding door
– Expansive entertaining deck, covered in grape vines and overlooking private garden
– Amazing variety of fruit trees, including nectarine, plum, orange, apple, fig and persimmon
– Irrigation system to trees uses water from kitchen, laundry and bath
– Water tank and raised veggie bed
– Security system
– Garden shed with shelving and shadow board, and garage with shelving
– Convenient location, close to Jamison centre, schools, markets, Mall, lake, UC, Calvary, AIS
UV: $728,000 (approx.)
Rates: $3,682.00 (approx.)