A sense of tranquillity in this light filled, open plan home, great entertaining & location, close to light rail!
Situated in a peaceful street lined with claret ash, this fully renovated and extended home occupies an ideal position close to an open reserve with a playground.
Deciduous trees in autumn hues, camellias and roses lightly screen the attractively landscaped garden and the stylish, rendered façade. The warmth of Karri timber decking is a welcoming feature, leading to the entry.
Light pours into the stunning open plan living area, the highlight of the home. A masterful extension, designed by the architect-owner, has vastly increased living space. The inclusion of a raked ceiling to the extension opens the home up towards the North-east aspect, filling the living space with light and creating a strong connection to the garden. Feature pendant lighting and extensive double-glazed windows complete the effect.
The fabulous contemporary kitchen hub features a stone island bench with breakfast bar, a Bosch cooktop and stainless steel oven, a glass rangehood, Smeg dishwasher, generous benchtops and an appliance cupboard.
A continuous flow of living space onto outdoor entertaining is created by two sets of double-glazed sliding doors from the dining area and kitchen.
Ducted heating and ducted evaporative cooling maintain comfort.
Clever design has increased storage and space-saving throughout, such as the innovative system in the entry, a built-in study in the living area and a cavity sliding door to the new laundry.
Light and airy bedrooms all offer a wall of built-in robes, while quality new carpet adds to the luxurious feel. Every room in the home has a private garden outlook, the sunny master bedroom overlooking a lovely Japanese maple.
Innovative design maximises the functionality of the new bathroom with style, while a separate powder room provides an additional hand basin.
The covered, spotted gum rear deck offers a fabulous, generous outdoor living area overlooking the soft turf of the screened, neatly landscaped rear garden. A wonderful old apricot tree shelters the deck on one side and a walnut tree shades the garden. Other delights include lemons, Morello cherries, white nectarines, grapes, plums and figs, as well as many bulbs, while garden beds provide plenty of room to grow veggies. A clothesline is tucked into a north facing nook and there is a garage and garden shed.
From this superb location in a friendly neighbourhood, it is a stroll to coffee at Downer or Dickson and is in-area for many well regarded schools. It is just a short walk to the new light rail stop for a smooth trip into the City. Great recreation is nearby, Dickson swimming pool, tennis at Lyneham and walking trails on Mt. Majura and Mt. Ainslie.
This much loved and beautifully crafted family home offers warmth and lifestyle in an outstanding location.
– Fully renovated and extended home on block of 694 m2 (approx.) in ideal location close to a park
– Excellent street appeal, complemented by attractive landscaping and lightly screened by gardens
– Extension designed by architect-owner has created a striking open plan living area, full of light
– Large living area has sufficient space to configure as desired, currently as a lounge & a play area
– All windows in extension are double glazed, with insulation in ceiling and walls
– Contemporary sleek kitchen features stone benchtops with island & an appliance cupboard
– Stainless steel Bosch oven & glass cooktop, glass & stainless steel rangehood & Smeg dishwasher
– Eye-catching bamboo flooring extends from entry through living areas and hallway
– Fresh white décor throughout the home
– Creative built-in storage in entry and a built-in study in extended living area
– Ducted gas heating and ducted evaporative cooling
– Quality new carpets in bedrooms, which all offer generous built-in robes
– New laundry and a new bathroom featuring a separate powder room with handbasin
– Double glazed sliding doors with Crimsafe screens open onto fabulous large entertaining deck
– Karri timber decking in front leading to entry & spotted gum timber on covered rear deck
– Enclosed rear garden, attractively landscaped with soft turf and screened with shrubs
– Mature apricot & walnut trees, lemon, white nectarine, plum, grapes, Morello cherry & fig
– Garden beds offer space for growing veggies & storage provided in a garden shed and garage
– Superb location just steps to a park with swings & within a stroll of Downer& Dickson shops
– Within a short distance of many schools & colleges
– Short walk to light rail stop offering a quick trip into the City
Land rates: $3,317.08 per annum (approx.)
Unimproved land value: $540,000