The house design won the 1962 Women's Weekly Design of the Year award!
The residence enjoys a north-facing deck and is a much-loved family home, with an ambience of serenity and warmth.
This spacious home offers flexibility, and can easily be utilized as either three or four bedrooms, depending on your requirements.
Many large windows invite plenty of natural light inside and polished wooden floorboards feature throughout the home.
An easy flow between kitchen and the open-plan dining and living areas enables relaxing entertaining, with the pot-belly stove lending a cosy bohemian ambience during Canberra’s long winters.
Ducted electric reverse-cycle air conditioning plus ceiling and underfloor insulation keep the home at a comfortable temperature in all seasons.
Superb retro tiling is featured in the bathroom and separate toilet.
Attractive timber framed French doors lead from two of the bedrooms to a second, smaller deck.
The decks, plus a sandstone-paved courtyard with a large feature fish-pond provide plenty of space for entertaining outdoors amidst the colourful garden.
The yard also offers a carport, garden shed and two water tanks.
The owners are finding it hard to part with this comfortable, light-filled home, but they’re moving interstate.
They have always enjoyed the pleasant stroll to the Dickson shops with its cafés and restaurants, Dickson Aquatic Centre and bus interchange, and the other direction to parks, ovals and Downer’s Gang-Gang café.
Almost a hop, skip and jump to the Swinden Street light rail stop, where frequent trams will take you to Civic and the Central Business District in approximately nine minutes.
Located nearby are a variety of schools, from pre-schools to Lyneham High and Dickson College, it is also a short drive or bus ride to the universities and close to the safe, separated bike paths leading to Civic and Belconnen.
– Winner of the Women’s Weekly Design of the Year award for 1962
– North-facing kitchen and dining areas
– North-facing deck
– Polished wooden floorboards
– Original tiles in bathroom and w.c., give a quirky, retro look
– Pot-belly stove in living room
– Reverse-cycle central heating
– Underfloor and ceiling insulation help maintain comfort
– Sandstone-paved courtyard with fish-pond
– Mature garden of camellias, azaleas, lilac bushes and bulbs
– Two water tanks
– Close to schools, shops, library, public transport, bike paths and swimming pool
– Nine-minute tram ride to Central Business District
– A short walk to Yowani Golf Course for splendid 9 holes
Rates: $ 3,660.00 per annum (approx)
UV: $ 579,000 (approx)